Michelle Fonseca, PA-C
Certified Physician Assistant
- Master of Clinical Health Science: Physician Assistant Studies – University of Washington, School of Medicine MEDEX NW, Seattle, Washington
- Bachelor of Science: Health Sciences – Excelsior College, Albany, New York
- Medical Specialist Training: Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
About the Provider
Michelle Fonseca’s medical training began at the age of 17 when she joined the US Army and became a medic. During the next decade of military service, her medical experience grew as she worked providing care in general wellness, emergency medicine and obstetrics/gynecology. She also served in leadership and teaching roles. In her civilian career, Michelle added to her women’s health expertise and gained additional experience in internal and geriatric medicine.
Michelle enjoys treating both adults and children, priding herself on building strong relationships with patients and their families. She focuses on the whole patient, listening first and then providing guidance in treatment options. She has a strong passion for preventative medicine with an emphasis on the cause of the symptoms.
Michelle Fonseca’s status as a Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) was conferred by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). She is a member of the American Academy Physician Assistants (AAPA), the Texas Academy of Physician Assistants (TAPA), and the American College of Physicians (ACP).
- Diabetes management
- Blood pressure management
- Thyroid management
- Weight management
- Hormone replacement
- Fatigue management
- All joint and trigger point injections
- Lesion excisions
- Carpal tunnel injection
- Laceration repair